Thursday, August 04, 2005

Stop and search

I thought those days were well and truly over. However, folloeing the 7/7 and 21/7 attacks, we have noticed an increased police presence in tube stations, and the targeting of Black and Asian men for random searches.

This policy will not implement anything but resentment and hostility to the police. I sincerely hop i'm not stopped by the police, but i have taken measures to avoid that. I don't carry a bag on the underground, i have noticed the nervous white faces gaping at me, and they then face their deepest held prejudices against me.

We shall see how long the met can maintain this ludicrous policy, as for ID cards, stop and search coupled with ID cards will do irreparable damage to race relations in this country .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home