Thursday, April 28, 2005

The BNP

The Bnp manifesto( don't expect a fucking link) was no fucking surprise. Their wonky eyed fascist leader talked about 'voluntary repatriation' as a manifesto commitment.
Now, i am aware that they are a minority party, thank goodness for first past the post as an electoral sytem. The thought of the BNP fascist cunts winning seats in parliament would scare every ethnic minority, liberal or leftie in the land.

As for volutary repatriation and expulsion of non white residents of this country, it does surprise that a party advocating policies absent in Europe since the deportation of the Jews, would be ignored by the press. Unfortunately, it seems rules governing the reporting of elections mean the local nazis must have their manifesto launch covered.
Now, i'm not one to advocate stifling of the press, but iwas disturbed by the content of their proposals, and 5 live had an interview with their leader.

This country is becoming quite intolerant if you are Black, Asian, Jewish,a refugee or Gypsy.
Suddenly, racism has become quite acceptable even amongst mainstream parties e.g. the tories and their 'quotas' for refugees, along with their Gypsy 'flouting planning laws' inflammatory and insidious language.

Europe has never learned to deal with immigrants in its societies. This hideous election just confirms what every European country goes through before elections. The language, the overall hostility perpetrated by the right wing media, the myths about immigration and asylum, have made this country very intolerant.

Let us never kid ourselves that Britain has a history of welcoming immigrants and refugees. The Alien act (1905) , The commonwealth Immigration Acts of the 1960s, The British Nationality Act(1981) and Herr Blunkett's Immigration and Asylum legislation since '97 indicate that, Britain is welcoming, is a falsehood and a myth especially for Jews, Afro Caribbean, Asian, Chinese, East European who were the individuals the legislation mentioned above was aimed at.

2 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Simon said...

I'm a fellow London Blogger(Bounds Green). Just thought I'd check out a few of the local blogs and say "hello".

I hate the BNP and think they're absurd. But I don't really agree that us Brits are racist as a whole. I lived in Lyndhurst Road, in Wood Green, and for the 5 years I was there, if I heard someone speak English, I would turn my head in surprise. I had to suffer living in a flat under a series of tennants, who mostly came from some part of French-speaking Africa, and who didn't give a fuck about keeping me awake with their extremely loud music, at any hour of the day or night. How easy would it have been for me to become racist? Still, the people were ok and friendly - it was just they didn't seem to care if they made my life a misery.

So, I can see the problem from both angles. I can see why people who live in traditional Northern communities, people who think an outsider is someone from the midlands, who suddenly find a whole load of people from another country dumped on their doorstep, might get upset.

I was walking around Bethnal Green a few years ago, minding my own business, when a group of Asian kids (about 15) started throwing things at me. I was terrified and just kept walking away without looking back. So they took it out on my car, and kicked the shit out of it - probably what they would have done to me if I'd made a fuss.

Ok, so now I know what it's like to suffer racial harrasment - which some people have to suffer every day of their lives. It's crap - but I hate racists, whether they're Asian racists or BNP racists.

I've just been to NY, America, a country made up of refugees - but they seem much less comfortable with their racial mix than we do in London. I was surprised - Europe seems to me a much more forward-thinking place than America.

Cheers mate - like the blog.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger karenexile said...

Thanks for your comments. I agree racism is not a one way street.
I have witnessed Black racism which disgusts me equally.

I wrote the comments at a time when the BNP and the tory party campaign was beginning to frighten me. However, the electorate has chosen wisely, and told the bnp to fuck off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home